December 24, 2014

Merry Christmas

In November I couldn't wait for December to come and was excited to decorate our little flat. And then December came and I was busy and didn't decorate a thing. No tree. No candles. You get the picture. I also wanted to bake cookies each and every weekend and managed to do it only once. I wanted to send out our wedding invitations and bought ribbons and glitter and so on as they are DIY, but then we had to change the location (I'll write a post about that soon...) and we have no location right now, so of course I couldn't even print them. So I am sitting on a bunch of Christmas themed decor now and won't be able to use it. Yes, I didn't even send out a Christmas Card to anybody. Not to mention I wanted to do something good with my selfish life and do some Charity work...of course I did not. So I am slightly disappointed with my handling of the whole situation this year, but well things are as they are. Here is to 2015 :) 

 As some might know I wasn't brought up in any belief, so recently I found myself wondering why this season is so special to me, and I think it's because of all the LOVE in the air. Other than me many people decorate their homes and I love the festive spirit. It is also a time of reunions with friends and family. The day I arrived home I met my friends in 'our' restaurant, and while I was waiting for them I saw that there were many like us and I could have watched the hugging and cheerful faces all night. These days have been quite chilly, and usually streets would be deserted at night. But now we have the Christmas market and everybody gets outside to have some hot wine and enjoy those evenings. Today is also the day that my boyfriend proposed to me a year ago and next year by this time we'll be married. And of course there are all the presents and gifts, that we hurry to buy and try to wrap up as nicely as we can and the anticipation to see if our friends and family like them. On the one hand Christmas is probably the most consume oriented holiday of all and I wish it wasn't, but then it is up to us to make it something special and spread the Love :)



10 comments:

  1. Ein wirklich toller Look, schöne Weihnachten dir!

    http://superjasmin.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danke Jana! Dir wünsche ich auch schöne Weihnachten :)

      Delete
  2. Such a gorgeous look, love how your wear this ! That dress is gorgeous, sweetie.
    Would you want to follow each other? Please let me know, it would be nice to keep in touch
    xoxo
    www.lizacorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Liza, thanks for your sweet comment. Of course I'll follow :)

      Delete
  3. Love your dress and the hat! Very pretty!
    X
    Miri
    http://currentlywearing.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Frohe Weihnachten du Hübsche! Das Kleid ist unglaublich schön!

    www.thefashionfraction.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danke Michèle! Und frohe Weihnachten!

      Delete
  5. I love your dress! Merry Christmas!

    - Deniz
    www.dressedupdeniz.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Deniz, Merry Christmas to you too :)

      Delete